MIAL believes that it is responsible for the betterment of society. To facilitate this, at MIAL we work closely with local communities and other people who belong to the weaker sections of society.
To help us meet the company’s CSR objectives and channelize our resources effectively, we have also created a comprehensive CSR Management Framework. This framework lays down processes for assessment and prioritization of CSR goals and objectives based on social, organizational and regulatory needs. A formal CSR policy was finalized on 23rd May 2014.
CSMIA’s Vision of CSR can be broadly defined as below
To pursue business growth and vision for CSMIA by making a positive change in the lives of the stakeholders and communities along the value chain of our businesses through CSR programs and social initiatives.
We will focus on supporting and implementing the following activities as our key area:
Some of the Community Development projects undertaken by MIAL include the following:
- Providing emergency medical care, preventive health care, sanitization and safe drinking water
- Promoting education for under-privileged children, supporting the socially backward helping differently-abled people and local community.
- Protecting art and culture
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna and the conservation of natural resources
- Various programs for supporting education and imparting quality education to underprivileged students.
- Quality Education for municipal school children
- Audio visual smart classrooms for enhanced learning
- Vocational training for the differently-abled
- Scholarship for supporting education of meritorious underprivileged
Health & Sanitation
- Supporting Leprosy Case detection, Treatment and prevention of Disability
- Supporting treatment of Hemophilia patients
- Supporting basic health care treatment of underprivileged
- Building Toilets for ZP school
- Polio immunization drive, AIDS awareness campaign in the community
- Blood donation camps in airport surroundings
- Malaria Health Check-up Camps
Environment & Sustainability
- Afforestation by tree plantation at degraded forest land and ensuring its maintenance
- Rain Water Harvesting for ZP school
- Environmental awareness creation through celebration of World Environment Day
- Providing computers towards computer lab setup for Girls school